Thursday, December 2, 2010

Whoa!

One of the last question in the book asking about Your Ugly, Too asks where situational irony is present in the short story. When thinking about it, I remember a time in the story when I was completely taken off guard by something I never expected. This was when Evan told Zoe that the guy she wanted Zoe to meet was a really nice and fun guy that maybe Zoe would like. So when I pictured this guy, I pictured him as being a simple well humored man. However, when we are first introduced to him, his costume is just a fullout naked woman. This is not what I would picture a really nice guy wearing. So when I got this dexription, it gave me a new image of what he really was like. What really made my new image of him more valid was when he told the incredibly vulgar joke. I though it was really funny how that joke was what he thought she was going to tell him. So this situational irony really emphasized what he was really like.

1 comment:

  1. like The Drunkard, the guy's costume suggests a role reversal (gender, obviously)

    ReplyDelete