Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our first week...

So this is our first week of reading short stories and there are many similarities and differences between the poetry unit and this unit. First of all, this unit is going to require much more time to read the stories, but while we still have to analyze a lot, it will not require the tough analyzation skills that poetry did. But this is only my opinion right now and it could possibly change. I would have to say that I enjoyed reading the short stories more than I did the poetry. I really enjoyed "How I met my husband" and "Interpreter of Maladies". However, "A rose for Emily" was the one I least enjoyed. To me it didn't seem to have much point other than to describe a lunatic woman who killed the man she loved in order to keep him around. Yea...I bet he was real fun to keep around after that. I have to say it was interesting and different, but it just seemed pointless. However, I am guessing that I will learn its value by the end of the week. Overall, my prediction is that I will enjoy this unit far more than I enjoyed the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment