Thursday, September 16, 2010

Unit overview: Chapter 5.

I enjoyed these poems much more than the previous unit. The reason for this is that I understood these much easier than the previous unit. "Dream Deferred", "Bright Star", "February", "Pink dog" were all easy reads. I don't know if this is because they were just simply easier or if it's becuase I have improved in my interpretation of poetry. I'm hoping that it's my skills that have improved. All these poems were comparing some object to some greater thing and that is why I liked the themes so much. By using these comparisons, the author was able to bring out good themes in the poems that we can relate to. However, there are still one or two poems in this chapter that I had trouble understanding until I received the help from an outside source, so I still need practice when analyzing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment