Friday, July 9, 2010

The sun also Rises: final blog

This book seemed so pointless. It talked about a man's struggle having to deal with wanting something he knew he absolutely could not have. But as the book progressed, the central conflict concerning Jake's wound seemed to fade away and any other conflict that occured was just a little conflicts concerning the people around him. There seemed to be no plot or anything. However, while this is true, this book did have a few positives. The author was able to bring emotion out of me by either extremely hating or liking a person. Portions of the story made me laugh and the dialogue was much different than other novels that I have read, but I still liked its quickness and choppiness. But my final question is, are all Hemingway books like this?

1 comment: