Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let me just tear it up right in front of you...

"I thought with a sensation of madness on my promise of creating another like to him, and trembling with passion, tore to pieces the thing on which I was engaged." (pg 121)

While I was reading through the novel, I really did expect Victor to go through his promise and create the female monster for the creature. I imagined that he would force himself to go through with it due to the repercussions if he failed to do so. However, one thing that I simply never expected him to do was to think twice about what he was doing. After this, I never would have imagined that even if he did think twice, that he would stop working on it due to what might happen to his family and friends. Afer this, I never would have imagined him tearing up the female creature right in front of the creatures eyes. To me, this was just really situationally ironic. However, this happening did make a few deep impacts. For example, it truly revealed how much Victor was against the making of the female creature. Sure he could have secretly disposed of it later. But tearing it up "with passion" truly reveals his emotions at that moment he saw the creature and did not want to create the female version.

No comments:

Post a Comment